America’s Financial Choice Gives Back: A Review of Our 2016 Charity Events
At America’s Financial Choice, we help our customers in need of short-term financial assistance by providing loans including payday loans and title loans. However, we are more than just a provider of loans, we are an active part of the communities we serve. AF Choice has many loan centers in the Chicago area and throughout central and southern Illinois that are staffed by members of the local community. Our staff is not only dedicated to helping those within the community by providing installment loans, but also by sponsoring a variety of charitable events to serve the greater community.
This past year, our loan centers throughout Illinois hosted or participated in charity events and fundraisers for children’s homes, VFWs, the Salvation Army, local school programs, and more to help those in the communities we serve. The following are some of the highlights of our 2016 charity events:
- Our loan center in Olney, IL had a food drive to help the Oblong Children’s Home which shelters children who are troubled or abused. Once all the non-perishable food items were collected, we matched the value of these donations in meat and dairy products. Our store in Litchfield, IL held a food drive as well to benefit the local food pantry.
- AF Choice in Granite City sponsored two holes at a golf outing and the proceeds collected were used to help the Granite City High School marching band get to the NFL Football Hall of Fame induction ceremony. Kevin Greene, an alumnus of GCHS, was inducted into the NFL Hall of Fame and the marching band played the school fight song at the ceremony.
- The AF Choice center in Centralia, IL joined with the Salvation Army this past May for a Jelly Drive. The local Salvation Army had an ample supply of peanut butter but no jelly. AF Choice helped collect jars of jelly from the community and we matched the donations by purchasing the same number of jars.
- On Memorial Day, the staff of our Du Quoin, IL center volunteered at the VFW hall, Auxiliary number 513, to serve dinner and clean up for their special event.
- AF Choice joined the Sparta Chamber of Commerce and sponsored a golf outing to raise money for the Chamber.
- The staff from our center in Belleville, IL collected excess office supplies from all our stores and delivered them to the Humane Society. The Humane Society staff normally must purchase office supplies out of their own pockets.
- The staff from our center in Mt. Vernon, IL sponsored lanes in the “Bowling for Books” charity event to help raise money for books for the United Way and Dolly Parton’s Imagination Library.
- Every one of our loan centers partnered with Back 2 School Illinois and donated 1,000 boxes of school supplies to needy children. With the help of local groups including YMCAs, the Salvation Army, Girl Scouts, orphanages, and shelters, each store donated 50 kits of supplies.
America’s Financial Choice is proud to service our communities through these charity events and fundraisers and we have more in store for 2017. If you would like to help with any of our charity events by making a donation or volunteering your time, contact your local AF Choice center to see how you can help. If you are in need of a loan, talk to one of our professionals about the various loan options we have available.